Monday, October 09, 2006

Locking of shoulders

"Don't lock your shoulder. If you lock your shoulder, your force is just limited to your arm. It should be loose, so that you can get all the energy from the hip, from the floor."

One point to note for today.

Most of my traning are done punching the air, not on makiwara, not on sandbag. In order to feel my own punch, i will need to lock my shoulder. And this locking actually limit my utilization of force from other source.

A lot of time in life, we are so as well, isn't it? Because we want to see and feel the immediate result, we, not knowingly, limit ourselves from greater source to attain higher achivement.

Being able to apply all the force from hip twisting, from pushing the floor, is not easy. There are always some of these force, but not much, until one really learns how to appreciate it, utilize it. And this takes times and effort. But once attain, it is a valuable source of energy.

Today's 一言 (hito-koto, meaning one word, phrase, or clause)
Why care about the result, just continue punching.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ya, Khu...
It's hip, not heap. At first I thought you might misunderstand the concept of hip force thing... But it can't be because yuo have been training for 15 years... So I guess it's just a mispelling.

Cheers =)

PS: Good theme for a blog!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Bazalf said...

Haha... thanks~
I have some problem with my English sometime.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home