Monday, July 16, 2007

Grading

Perhaps it is a lucky thing that I decided not to take this grading.
Was and am still sick.

Sitting aside looking at all of them doing, I am not too sure is it because of the 'knowledge' that I have for Karate, i found that they are not really that impressive. For a lot of the stance are floating, a lot of punches are just bruit forces, a lot of unnecessary movements...

In terms of floating stance, I still haven't manage to find a proper reason for why this happen. When looking, I am able to spot stances that are floating and not firm. But when asked wat need to be done to improve, I have no idea at all. My guess is that when one is too concern about moving forward, too concern about next step that they forgot about this very step they are taking, they don't let their weight settle down, and thus they float. Well, sounds very philosophical... but that is only my guess.

Punches and blocks in Karate should be done in the way of Karate... well, easily said. Starting from the very basic, the line of motion should be correct. The twisting motion, should not be forgotten. Only when this are well controlled with speed and force, then one can start to incorporate twisting of body and others. Well, that is what i always believe in, but from I see is a lot of people still struggling getting all of them learn and properly done at one shot.

Unnecessary movement... well they are like pulling up the sleeves, shaking the hands, standing up and going back into the stance after every movement. The training that had last time, my sensei used to scold if we have all this unnecessary movement. She always said, "Don't make it a habit." Not too sure whether do i have these unnecessary movement, but i know when i am too tired, i can't keep myself in that posture for long.

Today's 一言:one step at a time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home