Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Fighting..

When was the last time I updated this blog?
Can't remember. But it doesn't change the fact that it was quite sometime ago.

Training still continues, but with work and MORE readings to do comparing to schooling days, and less personal time sitting in front of the computer finding words to phrase things out... this blog was... abandoned... well not totally, but yea, for a while.

My training now is back to basic and Kata again. Kumite, not so much.
One of the juniors is now training at the other dojo as well, preparing for his upcoming competition this December. Had a little fight with him... and guess what? He is still not comfortable with the style that the other Dojo is doing.
Not to say that the other fighting style is lousy, or he is lousy, but perhaps he is still trying to adjust himself, coming up with his own unique way of fighting, combining the plus points in both style and choosing only those that he think suits him well. But this takes time, just that this takes time.

As for me, I find myself having problem fighting with bigger size people.
Why? For one obvious reason, their punches and kicks will be harder. The theory is simple, how to block their kicks without taking such big impact. I used to do it. But now that he has improved, his hands are always ready to attack whenever I charged in to block. Which means when I am countering his kick, he will counter my counter attack, and unless I have a counter to counter his counter attack, else I will just find myself a nice heavy punch landing on me.

Then how?
I am still wondering... Is it just because that in 'sports Karate' where we don't hurt each other, it will be difficult to handle bigger player?

Today's 一言:Don't eat too much before training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home