Monday, July 30, 2007

Camp (1)

Karate camp from Friday to Monday.
But I was only around on Saturday and Sunday...

Our very own sensei, Shihan Ishikawa, a sensei from Rome, Sensei Yamada and 3 sensei from Hong Kong came to the training camp.

The training in the morning, physical exercise. Jogging, running, stretching and all sorts of exercise that train the physic such as push ups, sit ups, etc. One of the interesting thing that Sensei Loh asked us to do push up with one hand. I never thought that I am actually strong enough to do that! Well, just for 2 times... haha... Another interesting exercise is to lie flat on the floor facing the floor, with the hand fully stretched forward. Then use only the palm and the toe to lift up the whole body. I couldn't do that, i need to at least use my elbow to lift up the whole body. It was quite tough and challenging that i forgot to look around and see can other accomplish the task or not.

Vincenzo (I hope I spell his name correctly) is Sensei Yamada's student who follow him to the training camp. Sensei asked me to punch his abs, and when my punch landed on his abdomen, I really thought that I was punching a wall! It is solid!

There are quite some juniors around. Do hope that they really bring back home something from the camp, at least memories, and hopefully inspiration to practice and train hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home