Monday, October 29, 2007

New

Went to learn a bit of Kendo again today.
Am starting to get used to the way of standing, facing squarely forward and not slanting.
Now it comes to the detail part of the hand, which I still have some problem with. Hopefully with more practice, I will be able to get it correct.

Kendo gives me a different feeling. The focus is not only on ourselves, but also the shinai that is in the hand. Trying to make the shinai part of our body, maneuvering it the way that we want to. I am not sure why, but I felt that the concentration is is deeper whenever I hold a shinai.
Concentration on controling the Shinai.
But is it because I am new to it, so I need to concentrate until the extent that I can feel myself concentrating hard? Is it because I have more muscle memory of Karate movement, so the concentration is less?

***
Not sure why, but today my body has a whole new feeling. A feeling of being more powerful, flexible and fast. Well, that is only when doing the basic.
When it comes to kumite, I still have quite a lot of problem. The concentration is easily lost with an oponent in front. The thinking is easily disturbed. Instead of seeing what kind of attack the oponent is coming in with, I started to think and anticipate what kind of motion. If the guess is correct, of course it will be nice. But more than often, guesses are wrong...

Have the chance to spar with Ziwee senpai.
I guess this is one of my weak spot. When I attack, my body opens up leaving me vulnerable to attack. When I was charging in, Ziwee senpai counter charge in to Chudan level, giving me a blow just below my ribs on the left side.
Stunt. Not only mentally, but physically as well. Only after about one second, I manage to move myself again, trying to breath. Was able to breath out, but breathing in seems to be impossible. After forcing out air several times, manage to draw a bit of air in with the nose but still not with the mouth (this i really don't know why.. first time notice this). Quickly I draw more breath with my nose and get myself ready again to continue to fight.

Today's 一言: One punch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home