Saturday, September 29, 2007

100th post~

This call for a celebration~~
(for what? hmm....)

Didn't want to look at my lecture notes and decided to go to MPSH to practice my Kata. This time round, instead of going through from Heian shodan all the way up, I started with Nipaipo, then Chatanyara Kusanku. Did Seisan and Pachu as well.

Starting to feel that there is some improvement with my movement. Am able to feel the movement better, able to make use of the motion to generate more power and maintaining the balance at the same time.
But my stamina is still lacking. With every few technique, I run out of breath and need a break.

The taekwondo people were doing their routine training there as well. Perhaps I was too sensitive, but some of them don't seem to be happy with me practicing alone there. But as far as possible, I didn't disturb them. I chose a secluded corner to practice, I stop my practice when their people came to take water from the water dispenser... But for don't know what reason, they chose to come down from upstairs, to practice at a place near by me.
At first I thought they were just passing by so paused my training for a while. But they started to practice there, so I just continue on with my practice.

To practice my breathing (as I was a bit out of breath), I did sanchin and tensho, two very slow kata. The Taekwondo people, not sure is implying me (or may be just me too sensitive), saying out loud, "So slow, like TaiChi, hahaha...." making some joke. (Hey, Taichi may be slow, but the practice is actually difficult!)

Two of the Taekwondo people came to talk to me when they have break, and apparently someone was not very happy about it...

Ok, enough bad mouthing about other people.... me also not any better. Wahaha...

It is always good to learn from others.
Something that happen a few weeks ago. Went to the Kendo place, and this guy was teaching me how to swing the sword in the Kendo way. Yupe~ I may be able to swing the sword, but my way of cutting is wrong. He taught me about the cross to take note whenever holding the sword, he pointed out my mistake in moving my wrist, he pointed out my mistake of pulling my hand back causing my cut to fall short...
It was certainly a good experience, and I must agree that I learn a lot from him.

Oh ya, and I learn how to choke a person from a Judo guy as well~
Hoping to learn more ground technique from them also.

Hmm... but I still need to practice my Kata.

一言:Still pride myself as a Karateka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home