Saturday, August 25, 2007

CMAD

CMAD just ended.
How did we do? I will say, ok lah~
We didn't do an exceptinoally well job, but I must agree it was not bad.

Perhaps I held my hope a bit too high for the juniors. The 約束組み手(yakusoku kumite), they still lack a certain element in it. Wee Quan did quite well, but Jun Ming performed slightly lower than my expectation. His stance was wobbly and the movement was not dynamic enough.

A dynamic movement in Karate doesn't necessary mean that it is a continuous, swift and fast motion. It can still be one movement after another with clear distinct pause in between, but each and every action is sharp and clean. Wee Quan is some where there, but JunMing still have have a distant to go. In anycase, I think Roy is doing quite well in this, just that too bad he is not around to perform in CMAD.

型(kata) was also a slight dissapointment. Never mind about the coordination, as I could really understand why they are not able to coordinate. But I have been repeatingly telling the same thing, don't hunch don't hunch don't hunch. Ming Hui still hunched in the end.

Well, I do have problem as well. (Sigh....)
Until now, I still don't quite get it, why sometime the energy flows to the very tip of my fingers, while sometime tht energy just got stuck half way in my forearm. When the energy got stuck, I just simply can't fully enjoy doing Kata.

Today's 一言:Energy flow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home