Thursday, August 16, 2007

Kendo fight!

The theory of fighting with people holding weapon is always easy, but I have never really try it out. For one small mistake will end up with serious injuries.

Today, met the Kendo people. I borrowed the 防具 (bougu) of Yick Siew (THANK YOU Yick Siew), wore it, and fight with the Nicholas. There isn't much technique, just one simple head attack, and i tried to count the timing, evade and counter.

But it is far more difficult that i expect.

The moment Nicholas raise up his Shinai, I started to move my body. Seeing my body move, he swang his sword slightly sideways, cutting down still exactly on my head.
One time, two time, three time... Only once in a while, I manage to control myself, only move when his hand started to move down. But My body didn't move enough and he still hit my shoulder.

Too bad we both didn't play for long, need to rush off for next lecture. Else, I would really like to keep on trying, until I am able to master the evading technique. Hopefully I will be able to try again.

Today's 一言: This is REAL training

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home