Thursday, August 02, 2007

Training in the dark

Some renovation going on and we couldn't turn on the light. With the rows of doors open, still the lighting is limited.

In the dark, we can't really see things clearly. So it is important to understand the command. Not bad! A lot of people understand my self-invented terms for the warming up. At least they seems to be able to follow what I am doing ( I guess...)

We did 五本組み手 (gohon kumite) in the dark. My partner is Vincenzo, Yamada Sensei's student. Perhaps it was the darkness that made me focus extra hard. Without counting, we move by the signal of the opponent's slightest give away signal.
Vincenzo was able to control his force really well. Because of the confusion, he punched at the third time instead of the fifth time I move forward and punch. I was still moving forward charging in while he punch. But the moment when his punch touches my body, a lot of his force are drawn back, leaving minimal impact on me.
That was good control.

Today's 一言: Fun training in dark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home