Monday, October 08, 2007

Back to School....

At last, today we shifted our training ground back to school.
It was really something that I have been looking forward to. It is a lot more convenient for me, and other people will be able to see us (better publicity), kicking pad is just near by and we can take it out to use easily.

But imagination can be quite limiting. Either we think of the good things only, or we think of the bad things only. And in this case, obviously I have neglected all the not so pleasant thing.

Basket ball people came in, saying that they will be having competition tomorrow, asking to borrow half of the court to practice. And the volleyball people 'think' that the court belongs to them... and we only have an area of two badminton court. (the size of the hall is 6 badminton court).

Perhaps that is not too bad. They are shouting, we are shouting. I am not sure is it because of the echo or the Juniors are really shouting loud today, trying to beat the noise of the other people. But when it comes to explanation, our voice is just drown in the sound of friction between the soles of the shoes and the wooden floor, as well as the ball being hit by the hand or falling to the floor...

And something worse is that the ball keeps on flying towards us...

All of these are disruptive to the training. I couldn't concentrate.
Training without concentration is not really training. Somehow it is not satisfying, it is not tiring, it is becomes not enjoyable...

Solution? We will be shifting back to the Japanese Primary School next week again.

But there is one thing that I realized.
One thing about Karate that I enjoy is the concentration that I have when I am doing it.

Suddenly reminds me of these two times when I was so concentrated in doing my Kata. It was in a competition, where the whole place was rowdy and noisy. But the moment I announce my Kata, Kankudai (and in the other occasion, Tekki Shodan), i came to my own arena, with me and me only. All the sounds and all the crowds are swallowed into another dimension, and I am given the priviledge to enjoy the tranquilty.

Today's 一言:Concentrate well

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home