Saturday, November 10, 2007

Judo

A self training Saturday turn out to be a Judo lesson.

Went to SRC and saw Desmond with his friend there. A bunch of them, each with different background gathers together and learn from each other. Too bad not many of them were there today, but I learn a great lot from Ichige, a guy from Judo.

First, is choking. How to choke a person. There are a lot of ways in doing it, but I just learn three basic way. Everytime when a person get choke, and the moment the person is release, the facial expression seems a bit scary. When I get choke, the feeling of can't breath is scary. More and more I appreciate breathing.

Then is arm bar. It always appear to be complicated to me, until I actually learn it. It is actually pretty straight forward and easy.

Then is levering, how to push the oponent over when the oponent mount on you. Also scissor, turning the oponent over. Learnt also what does it mean by full guard, how to pass through the guard, how to guard... The things that I learn in a short lesson seems so overwhelming, and is super interesting.

Did some rolling with Ichige. Basically, it just mean both person start 'fighting' while kneeling down. Then we do randori, which is done with both person standing up. There are some 'natural' technique that i had with me, without me noticing. When he mounted onto me, I use my knee to squeeze his ribcage, which can actually be very painful.

Must thank Ichige for the lesson. It was certainly an eye opener.

When doing Kendo, I realize that the simple swinging of the sword is actually quite difficult to control. When doing Judo, I realize that the 'fight' although can sometime seen quite passive, a short 2 to 3 minutes grappling drains almost all my energy out from me.

Today's 一言:Learning new stuff is fun. Even if you can't do it, at least you know what they do and try to counter it with whatever style you are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home