Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tai-Sabaki

I really have no idea what is the Kanji of this word.
It basically mean movement.

Some say punch is the fundamental, some argue it is the movement.
Or may be fundamental is made up of a lot of things. Punch and movement are just two of them.

Sideway movement can be very useful sometime.
When the timing is correct, the angle is nice, the oponent will apparently 'disappear' while one is charging in.

It is a lot of footwork training.
The training should not just end with training alone.
Getting a partner to train together is important. Afterall, if we can't catch the timing correctly, the movement will just make ourselves tired without giving us any extra advantage.

I tried the training with one of the junior today.
Although I am not too sure is the way of training correct. I only know that it is something that I have been doing for quite sometime. It works at time, but there are still a lot of 'loopholes' in the technique. Hopefully I will be able to understand it better by practicing it on someone, by looking at other people doing it. Hopefully I will be able to improve my own movement subsequently.

When we look at other people doing it, it seems easy.
But when we tried out ourselves, they can be difficult.

Just like this simple roller that people use to train abs.
On TV, it looks so simple. I manage to do it several times. But even after a week, I still haven't fully recover and my muscle are still aching.

Today's 一言:You will only know by doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home