Thursday, November 22, 2007

Punch of another level

Entering the school exam period, most people didn't turn up for training today. When we started the warming up, I didn't need to move to the very end of the dojo, I started somewhere 2/3 across.

Going back to basic, punches and blocks.
More advance technique are built upon these basics.

What are the more advance technique?
Punches and blocks, still.
But these punches and blocks are practiced repeatedly, so that they can be well controlled, either to stop just a micron in front of the target, or to crush the target, shattering it into pieces.

Sounds scary, or perhaps sounds impossible.

I have been taking Sensei's punch everytime when sensei is doing his demonstration. Although the impact were quite loud, and it was quite painful, but the pain just spread and diffuses at the surface from the point of impact. It never really penetrates me, to the back.

Today, I experience the punch of sensei of a different level. When his punch landed on me, the quality of sound is so different. Even Roy could tell, the punch is formidable.
It was not exactly pain that I feel, but a force that goes inwards, passing through the bones, reaching the lung, concentrating at a point.

A feeling that I will not forget, and a punch that I wish to attain.
But with my limited ability, there is a limit of how much I can attain by punching the air, by doing 'karatsuki'. We really need target practice, REAL target to hit, to train the wrist to be strong, to feel the quality of our own punch when it landed on the target, be it a makiwara or a punching bag.

Today's 一言:A punch, can be simple, can be difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home