Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rhythm~

Yamada Sensei led class today and last Monday.
Rhythm was the thing that we focused on.

The idea was still the same, shuffling of leg and kick, kick and shuffle the legs again. But he added in a rhythm. In a way I felt, with the rhythm, my body is able to pick up the movement easier. He didn't really made us drill a lot on it, but just to introduce the idea of practicing with rhythm.

But it mades me wonder... is it that in Shotokan training we generally have more rhythm? Back in the time when I was training Shotokan, timing is one of the thing that was stressed. Even in Kata, the timing are quite a clear cut, and I clearly know where to breath in where to breath out. Even in Kumite practice, we are thought to puch in combination with a certain set of timing.

I am having a tough time in doing Chatanyara Kusanku, in doing Nipaipo. It is difficult for me to put in 'breathing timing' into the kata. Unlike most of my Shotokan kata, the breathing in and breathing out are done at fixed movement. However in these kata, even though I tried to fixed the part to breath in, the part to breath out, I still practices the Kata with erratic breathing.

Rhythm.... is it that I need to get rhythm into shitoryu, or I should practice shitoryu without rhythm?

Today's 一言: Basic very important. Whatever style you change, basic good, you can still do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home