Saturday, March 15, 2008

The night before

Tomorrow is the day of competition.
Nervous? Not at all.
(obviously!!! I am not competing!!!)

One junior called me to have some light practice before tomorrow's competition.
Yes, it should be the time to get some rest. But I guess a little light practice won't hurt.

Three things.
1. Do not charge in with the face right in front of the oponents punch.
This idea was clearly spelt for me by Albert Senpai. I adopted the way the Oosaka people fight to train others. I am not sure about the effectiveness, but I do hope that I have drive the idea deep enough.

2. Twist in, and pull back.
This are some of the determinants of whether a punch gives you a score. Well, there are other factors as well, but I guess these two are the fundamentals.

3. Keep it simple.
Especially it is just the night before competition, I know that I can't change a lot of things, I know that I can't introduce new technique. All I did was to tell the junior which technique is definitely a no no, and which are the better techniques. And for the better technique, try to improve that tiny bit more in order to increase the chance of scoring. It need not be a complicated movement that anticipates the oponents counter this and that... it can just be the simplest movement, one two punches. Just top it up with a bit of 'faking'.

Oh yes, faking. It is an idea that I have forgotten for a long time.
Faking is also an art, how to really fake your way in; how to fake to draw your oponent to charge in. The fake needs to look convincing, irritating.
And faking actually needs quite a bit of energy.

Well, tomorrow is the real fight.
I hope everyone will do fine.
Win or lose, I only hope all of them put up a good performance.

After the competition, we are planning to continue to have the training on every Saturday, to do other fanciful stuff. I hope that it will really be carried out.

Today's 一言:Am still smelling blood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home