Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tournament

This year Karate competition, most of our seniors are not around, so I 'automatically' became one of the senior. And because of that, i participated in one extra category.

Never expect there would be so many participant in Kata this year. I prepared only 2, but in the end i need 4. Two days before tournament, only started practicing them. The first two round oponent are not good, so i save up quite a lot of energy. Didn't need to do my Kata with full force, as i know i will need as much energy as i can gather in the third round. Third round (semi-final), Jeremy, my opponent. I know I must do my best for it, if i want to win against him. But doing something that i have only practice for 2 times before the competition, haha... perhaps is just impossible. Although he haven't been practicing for a long time, but at least he have been practicing for the last two week before competition. Although i have been practicing for a long time, but I have only practice Kankusho before the competition for only three or four times. I lost. But it was anticipated. But I lost happily. Just hope that next year I will be able to do better. Need to prepare the third Kata now, a super long kata in Shitoryu, to compete against his Unsu. lolz.

This is the first time in a Kumite fight, i can 'KO' a person. (well, KO just means lead with 8 points and the match will immediately end, no matter how much time is left). Feel so nice~ That was my first round in below 70kg category. Second round, i fought with my Junior. I must agree that he is fighting really well today. Perhaps it is because he was tired, else he could have won me. Third round, i fought with Jeremy (again?). Really, it was a very fun fight. Towards the end, both of us are tired. We know there is only a little time left. He was leading by 5 points and i know i won't be able to win so any points in this short period of time, given the fact that i am only able to do 1 point attack against him. My kick was not scoring me anypoint, i need to look at the video and analyze why. On top of that, i am very tired. I was thinking, 'you want to continue or you want to stop fighting... lets just bounce until the time ends.' And I think he was very tired too. Bounced for another 5 seconds, the match ends.
Silver... not bad~

In open category, my first match was suppose to be against this guy called Dennis. I was looking forward to fight against him. Last year i fought him (and i won~ :P) This year apparently he is so much better than last year. I was really looking forward for this fight with him. But too bad, he said he was sick, and walk over. :(Second round fought against Hendra, from my school as well. At the first half of the match, I was still charging in. But after about 1 minutes or 1 minute plus, he was leading the game. I was plain too tired, so I thought may be will just relax a bit lah. He also need energy to fight the next oponent, and i can have a good rest. So, i got a bronze~

Me and Jeremy was talking earlier both saying that we are not participating in the team kumite. But in the end, my team got an injury, so i need to go and fight... and Jeremy also somehow being forced by his team mate to participate...In the final round, i was expecting to fight his Jeremy's team mate, Terrence... and was so prepared to receive heavy blows (Well, in a sense, Terrence is 'famous' for giving heavy punch and kick...) Was thinking through my mind, how will I need to fight... this and that.... in the end... Ha? me fighting Jeremy again???Well, things are just never predictable. Lost to him (again... :P)
And, got a silver.

Hey! I got 2 silver and 2 bronze this year!
Wahaha....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home