Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Accident

Yea, accident do happen, at times where you hope that it happened at other times.

Learn my lesson, the hard way.
Always keep my guard up, no matter how tired I am.

Was doing my Kata practice for most of the time during training, preparing for the coming competition. Putting in all the strength that I have, i really drained myself. Towards the last 30minutes, thought of ending the training with some Kumite practice, for the competition as well.
I know whom the oponent is, and I know he have problem in controlling punches. As a Senior, I should always keep myself guarded. Yes, I am not that powerful that I will not get any hit, but at least I am suppose to evade or block most of the 'deadly' punches.

But tiredness let my guard down.
and I got hit in the face.

I should not be exerting myself for at least 5 days, and should not have any contact with the nose for 6 weeks. The competition is on this coming Sunday. Although, I will be able to do Kata, but then again, if I will not be practicing for the coming few days, and just step into the arena for competition, was a bit worried that I will not be able to perform well, especially with muscles that remains 'cool' for so long.

I told Sensei about the deicision not taking part.
I can feel sensei was a bit upset with it. Well, I am too.
This is a competition where I will be fighting with the name of my Dojo, rather than the name of my school. In a way, I felt that I rather fight with the name of my Dojo. Why? I have no idea. Just a feeling.

I have my new gi kept in the cupboard, all prepare for the coming competition. Apparently, it will continue to sit inside the cupboard for a little longer.

In anycase, with all the others the best in the coming competition.

Today's 一言:Guards UP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home