Monday, January 22, 2007

Anticipation

During practice, we know exactly which punch will come first, then second.
Today's training, we are asked to add in the third punch, with either the front hand or the reverse hand.
Because we know exactly which hand comes first and second, i have no problem in blocking them. The third punch, where the opponent are given freedom of choice, i found myself, most of the time not able to block it.

If we know exactly which comes first and second, anticipation puts me in an advantage. However, if i only anticipate an attack, even only either left or right hand, it gave me a lot of problem.
I wonder how do I normally do in Kumite.
Only when I reflect rather than anticipate, I will be able to get the blocking correct.

I need to calm down more.

Today's 一言: Clear the mind

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FREE YOUR MIND !!!

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home