Monday, November 20, 2006

Kata and Kumite

Kata was not well done today. Colin, Ivan and me was practicing kata in turns and gave each other comment. I didn't do well. In terms of stance, speed, power, everything is lacking.
Is it the fact that I know too many kata and have been doing all the kata? Comparing to the past, where i only know a few kata, and kept on repeating them. They have been repeated so many times that they are registered as a reflex movement of my muscle. But now?
Or perhaps is this transition state, from shotokan to shitoryu, all the stance are neither here nor there.

Simply not good.

Kumite training. Although we should try to fight with different people, but end up fighting Ivan again today.
My eyes are faster now. At least i am able to see things much clearer. Whether the body are able to react to it, that is another story. The last moment, i manage to see that he lost his balance, and immediately i made my mind to move in and draw him down. Success.
Haha... now with 'faster' eye, i need faster movement.

Today's 一言:
Need to train for speed

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiseh !!!!

u have your "open eyes " le

now u can shout "KAI" then can see liao

now that u can see my movements.. its time for u to react to it...

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home