Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Upgrading

Today is upgrading. Although holding a 1st dan, but I am not taking grading for my second dan. Rather, i am taking for my 3rd kyu.
(Remark: the ranking start from 9th kyu, all the way to 1st jyu, then 1st dan, all the way to 10th dan)

Whether should i be taking the grading or not?
I have been pondering this question for quite a long time. I am glad that sensei don't mind me training with my black belt, and he recognize my ability in Kata. (well, i am lousy with Kumite...) But sometime, it is hard for me to tell other people how i hold my black belt. After all, it is a different style.
And realizing that there are a lot of other senior who are from other style, they all start off with white belt again and slowly progress to black. Apparently, I am the one who is 'disrupting' the system.

Today, I came in with my white belt. And i need to explain to other people why am I wearing a white belt today. I am officially switching to Shitoryu. And the first thing i will do is to take sensei's grading.

Although i am taking a grading which is of lower rank that i used to hold. But at least, now i can happily tell other people this is the ranking in Shitoryu, the dojo that i am training in, the Sensei that i train under now.

Today's 一言:
嬉しい!(Happy)


************************************************************************************

Long post for today...
Apparently the 基本(kihon, i.e. basic) is much tougher than those that we normally do. Especially when he want us to sit on 猫足立ち(nekoashidachi, cat stance) and kick twice for quite sometime. Towards the end, my leg was very tired. And I always thought that my leg muscle is strong enough. Apparently they are not durable...
Perhaps this is one of my problem. I am explosive, but I can't last long. Kept on telling myself that i need to build up my stamina, but the training for stamina just doesn't last long. Need to find a way to push myself harder.

Kumite with three person. First is a guy from NTU. Had a nice fight with him. I must say i didn't do really well cause I was not fully concentrating. But slowly, I get myself into action. Last punch... hit him while he is moving in, and it got the solar plexus, exactly. That was painful... sorry for that~
Second round, fought with a guy. Other said that he was from Kyokushin. Didn't have fun sparring with him, as he is a bit too messy.
Last round was with Justin. Haha... it was quite fun today to spar with him. Quite relaxing and quite enjoying. There is this time, when he caught my leg and want to throw me. But i manage to plant my foot down and push myself up and made a reversal throw. Although it was not successful either. But, i like the fun of doing that.

The only thing that i didn't do well is my 足払い(Leg sweep). Although my leg was placed nicely beside my opponents leg, i didn't manage to execute a nice sweep. I tried, it is either because of poor technique and balance, or my leg is simply too tired to execute a sweeping technique.
Ah.... sounds like there are still a lot of things for me to learn.

Getting abit addicted to kumite. But two contradicting voices keeps quarelling in the brain. A part of me wanted to practice more, a part of me is scared of doing it.
Haha... ya.. i am still scared of doing Kumite.

Another 一言:
To overcome fear, one must enter the realm of fear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home