Sunday, November 05, 2006

Repeating

In Karate training, there is a constant repeating of technique, kata. These repetition forms a big part of the training.
To become better, repeating is necessary.
Being so, doesn't mean that to become better, just simply repeat.
If the mistake is repeated over and over again, then there will be no improvement.
If the repetition is not done wholeheartedly, then there will be no improvement.

Kata practice again.
Changing style from shotokan to shitoryu, one of the most difficult task that i face is the stance. In shotokan, there is only 3 main stance. Repeated practice allow me to step into this three stance, almost exactly the same length same width each time. On top of that, the three stance are of equal height, allows me to judge how long and how wide is my stance simply by feeling how 'tall' is my stance.
But in shitoryu, the stance are more complicated. All of them are of different length and of slightly different height. I still find myself stepping into different length and width everytime. Still can't do them consistently.
Shikoudachi gave me another problem. Somehow, when moving 45 degree, I can't move accurately.

Perhaps I will need to go back to the basic training, to stick sticker on the floor, and repeat the stance over and over and over and over and over again.

Today's 一言:
Think before repeating

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home